4 November 2019 - The issuing of the printed Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) was stopped from 2 November 2019. All TCCs currently in circulation will be cancelled. The TCS PIN enables you to authorise any third party (an organisation or government) to view your status online via eFiling. It will present your overall tax compliance status at the date and time of viewing it. To protect taxpayer confidentiality, no other info will be accessible to a third party.
What is it?
In a continued effort to improve compliance and to make it even easier for taxpayers to manage their tax affairs, the South African Revenue Service (SARS) has introduced an enhanced Tax Compliance Status System.
The TCS system is available for the following applications:
- Good standing
- Foreign Investment Allowance
To apply for your TCS, you can access the TCS system by selecting the TAX STATUS menu option on eFiling or by visiting your nearest SARS branch.
What do I need to do?
With this in mind, in order to be tax compliant, you should make sure that:
- You do not have any outstanding tax returns
- You do not owe any money to SARS unless a payment arrangement or suspension of debt has been agreed to
- You are registered for all the tax products that you are liable for
- Your registered particulars are updated
- You have either merged (via the Merge tool on eFiling) or declared (on the ERC01 form available as part of the TCS process on eFiling), all your registered tax reference numbers.
Should have any queries or require professional advice in this regard do not hesitate to contact us.